Q: Transmission keeps getting stuck in 3rd gear. Instruments not working correctly.

Instrument cluster going back and forth, including the RPMs and Speed Gauge. The transmission also gets stuck in third gear.

The transmission speed sensor sends a signal to the transmission module and the engine control module to control the transmission shifting. The RPM and MPH gauges can be getting wrong signals from the modules if the modules are getting the wrong signal from the speed sensor. The recommendation I would give you would be to have a certified technician scan and diagnose the sensor or wiring problem to fix your issue.

• Transmission keeps getting stuck in 3rd gear. Instruments not working correctly.