Q: When I start my van the gauge will bounce up and down

When I start my van in the morning I get about a mile.from home the mechanical gauge bounces up and down the oil just got changed its a work van but the rest of the day it's fine there is no engine change no sounds no jumping no lose of power the van did set for four years but been driving it bout ,6months all the fluids everything fresh oil is full wat do you think it could b

A: This sounds like most likely an oil pressur...

This sounds like most likely an oil pressure sending unit problem. These vans are somewhat known for this problem. The sending unit sits down near the oil filter and will cause the gauge to read intermittently when the sending unit is faulty or not connected properly. If the oil was recently changed you may want to verify that this was not affected in the process. If you'd like some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a mobile technician can come to your home to diagnose the gauge and help you fix it accordingly.