Q: My power seat goes up and down but doesn't work front to back. what is wrong?

peter, my power seat goes up and down but doesn't work front to back. what is wrong?

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. The power seat has two different motors on it. One motor is for the tilt up and tilt down. The other motor is for the track to move the seat forward and backwards. The track motor may have a broken or pinched wire. Look under the seat and see if any wires are pinched or cut from the seat moving. If the wires are all connected and not pinched, then the track motor may have failed. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with you seat that is not moving forward or backwards.

3. My power seat goes up and down but doesn't work front to back. what is wrong?