Q: What does the Engine Overheated -- Idle Engine message mean in a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox?

What does the Engine Overheated – Idle Engine message mean?

The Engine Overheated – Stop Engine message can appear on your driver information center (DIC), and is accompanied by a continuous chime. When the DIC displays this alert, the engine is too hot and can cause severe damage. Stop your car as soon as you safely can, and turn off the engine. The message on the DIC will go away when the engine temperature has lowered to a safe level.

3. What does the Engine Overheated -- Idle Engine message mean in a 2012 Chevrolet Equinox?