Q: My headlights and dash lights flicker

asked by on October 04, 2017

I own a 2006 Acura RSX Base. My headlights, taillights, and dash lights all flicker when i first start the car, stop, then continue shortly after I start driving. The lights all stop flickering when i stop the car (i.e Stop sign/Traffic light.) I had the battery and alternator checked and its charging. My RPM's are stable as well.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Andrew. Thanks for contacting us tonight. What you are describing is incredibly rare - but in many cases is caused by an electrical system short or a stored error code triggered by - believe it or not; a security system fault. If the lights are flashing while the vehicle is driving, I would assume that a short circuit is the cause. This can be very tricky to locate and diagnose, so it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and help you locate the source of this problem, so the right repairs can be made.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr