Q: My car has been shutting down randomly.

asked by on September 17, 2016

My car has been randomly shutting down or not starting. My power still works and it's not over heating, it will eventually start again but the time frame can be from 10 mins to a whole day. I took it to a shop they couldn't find anything wrong with it.. any ideas?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Car will not turn over Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

This could be a variety of potential issues related to lack of fuel delivery or spark. The tendency to shut down randomly and then start up again after sitting for a bit suggests potentially faulty coil packs which are known to produce this type of intermittent shutting down and restarting. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your cars inability to start issue and make necessary repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr