Q: My headlights do not turn off

My headlights don't turn off. I was told by the dealership that the headlights just don't turn off at all. The only time they are off is if I have the car in park while it's running. However, I just saw the same exact car on the highway with its headlights off. Is a way to turn the headlights off while I'm driving?

A: Your vehicle is probably equipped with dayt...

Your vehicle is probably equipped with daytime running lights, whereas the other car you saw was not. On your vehicle, these lights will stay illuminated regardless of whether the exterior light switch is in the on or off position. There is no way for the driver to disable this system. In theory, a mechanic could re-wire your system to prevent the lights from turning on, but that would be costly and may be against the law in some states. My advice is to just accept the daytime running lights for what they are.