Q: Just replaced both belts on 2008 Fx35 infiniti.

Just replaced both belts on 2008 Fx35 infiniti. Now I'm thinking I should have done the pulleys as well. It has an idler pulley for each belt, and also a tensioner pulley for each. The idlers are pretty cheap, the tensioners are very expensive. Also, the idler pulleys are much more widely available, while the tensioners are not. Is this because the tensioners don't need to be replaced very often because they last longer? I'm thinking to replace the idlers only. Thanks,Dan

A: Hey Dan, thanks for inquiring. I don’t know...

Hey Dan, thanks for inquiring. I don’t know that you necessarily need to replace your pulleys, neither tensioner or idler. However, if you are hearing a squeaking from your engine and suspect the pulleys are the problem then replace them as needed. I don’t think you really need to replace pulleys every time you replace the belts.