Q: 2010 Cadillac SRX Service StabiliTrak message

Service StabiliTrak message and reduced power message, car will not accelerate. Turn vehicle off reset runs a bit then again with message and no go. A few month s ago the vehicle had a new axle bearing and new washers install on front. Took back to mechanic ran a diagnostic test and said had a missed communication code on abs system. No light or check engine light is on. He cleared codes, ran fine for a day and now agian getting the StalibiliTrak service message and car goes into reduced power mode. Any suggestions?

Hello. If the vehicle is displaying a service message for the traction control system then it has detected an issue with the vehicle’s traction control system. If the vehicle has also been put into a power reduced mode then it is likely that the issue detected is considerable enough to potentially cause harm to the vehicle’s components, and so power reduced mode has been activated to reduce the possibility of damage to any components. If the issue has returned after a check of the ABS system then it is very possible that the two are related. The ABS system provides the signal that the traction control system uses to operate, and can cause symptoms similar to those you are experiencing if an issue occurs. If the light is back on then retrieving the trouble codes will likely shed some light on what the issue could be. As the issue present is affecting engine performance, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to diagnose what may be causing your issue.

3. 2010 Cadillac SRX Service StabiliTrak message