Q: Squeaking whenever I turn the steering wheel, looks like moisture or Power steering fluid could be dripping on the belt ?

It does alot of chirping when I first start it up In the mornings and squeaks every time I turn da wheel, if it is moisture on the belt what can I do myself and/or is it major enough for someone to come look at it?

A: Hi there. It sounds like your power steerin...

Hi there. It sounds like your power steering belt is loose. When power steering is being engaged such as slow or no speed turning, the demand increases on the pump and the pump is dependent upon the belt. If the belt is loose, then it will chirp or squeal when loaded. Also, if oil or power steering fluid have contaminated the belt, it can exhibit similar concerns. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a noise while turning inspection and a fluid leak inspection. The technician will present you with an estimate and direction of needed repair.