Q: 2008 Honda Accord not accelerating and VSA and check engine lights are on and the code reads p0339

My Honda won't accelerate past 25 mph. Replaced the battery and the starter about a month or two ago and had no problems until now. The check engine light came on and the code reader said P0339 Crankshaft position sensor was interrupted. Replaced that part and the car still will not accelerate past 25 mph. Also tried last week to reset the Powertrain Control Module, but that did not change anything. Had the battery and alternator tested and they are fine. VSA light is also coming on with the check engine light and will not go off even when I push the VSA Off button.

Thanks!

Hi Garrett. Thanks for contacting us today. The Vehicle Stability Assist light shouldn’t impact the vehicle’s ability to accelerate unless a limp mode has been triggered and activated due to a malfunction of the system. This might be the source or your acceleration problems. I’m curious how you attempted to reset your PCM? One thing you might find helpful is this article about that P-0339 OBD-II Trouble code you listed. Some of the common causes of this go beyond the sensor itself.

3. 2008 Honda Accord not accelerating and VSA and check engine lights are on and the code reads p0339