Q: Car shakes and shimmies

My Jeep shifts hard and also shakes between gears. The dealership where I went for repair, told me they fixed it with a TCM flash. But the problem still exists in my Jeep -- their solution didn't work! What causes this?

A: This seems to be a common problem that Jeep...

This seems to be a common problem that Jeep has yet to address. Many people have had this TCM flash that you are talking about. Some vehicles will see an improvement from this flash and others will not. For the ones that do not, such as yours, I would recommend staying in contact with the dealership very often during the warranty period.

Towards the end of the warranty period, if you are still experiencing the issue, insist that the dealership do something about the issue. If a customer expresses a true dissatisfaction towards a vehicle they have purchased from a dealership, the dealership will more than likely do anything that they can to keep you as a customer.