Q: Y did my service emissions system light come on ? 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid

asked by on December 16, 2016

The service emissions system lights came on just now what does that mean and can i still drive my car

Car is getting worse gas mileage Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello - the "service emissions system" warning means that something in the emissions control systems is not keeping the engine emissions within boundaries set by the Environmental Protection Agency (or California Air Resources Board if you are in California). There will be one or more problem codes related to this problem - so get the codes first. Most auto parts stores will read these for you for free. This could be as simple as a loose gas cap, or as complex as a failed catalytic converter or fuel supply system fault. Continuing to drive it with this fault can damage the catalytic converter, the most expensive bit of the system - so it’s a good idea to get this fixed, even if your area does not do emissions testing each year. I would recommend an emissions system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr