Q: What would cause my power steering fluid to get low so often?

My car is getting tight on turns and making a whiney sound , just buy refilling the power steering fluid this could be resolved?

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2004 Ford Escape to run low on power steering fluid. The most common would be a leaking power steering pump, steering rack failing, or the power steering lines. When the power steering gets heavy and the whining noise is heard this means the power steering fluid is low and must be refilled or it can damage the system. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your power steering fluid level low and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.