Q: My Car Isn't Getting Spark. I've Changed The Fuel Pump, Spark Plugs, Wires, Cap And Rotor

Car isn't getting any spark I've change the fuel pump and filter the spark plugs, wires, rotor and cap.

A: Hi there. I’ve encountered this situation m...

Hi there. I’ve encountered this situation multiple times. A no spark condition on this vehicle can be caused by a few different things, including the crank position sensor, the cam position sensor, the ECM, the coil, a fuse, and a little overlooked part called a noise suppressor inside the distributor. The cam and crank position readings will need a scan tool that provides real time data to check. Make sure the fuses are fine and check for spark coming out of the coil. If the fuses, cam & crank sensor, and coil check fine, then remove the distributor cap and look for a small object that looks similar to a capacitor you would find on the circuit board of a radio; see if the top or the entire part looks melted, burnt, or deformed. This is the noise suppressor. If this little part is damaged, there is no spark; replace it and retry starting the engine. If you need help with any of this, YourMechanic has several qualified technicians available to provide a no start inspection.