Q: I drove over an old railroad track on a back road and apparently scraped the differential pretty hard. Immediately After this happ

I drove over an old railroad track on a back road and apparently scraped the differential pretty hard. Immediately After this happened the truck began making a hard thumping sound which speeds up and slows with the speed of the vehicle. It's a 2007 dodge ram 3500 4x4 manual, still shifts fine.

Hi Trey. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s quite possible that when the truck bottomed out and hit that railroad track that the yoke or the drive shaft was bent or damaged. That would cause the type of noises you are describing. The only way to confirm this is to have a professional mechanic inspect it personally.

3. I drove over an old railroad track on a back road and apparently scraped the differential pretty hard. Immediately After this happ