Q: Rear wheel bearings making noise

I think I need to have the wheel bearing replaced on the rear wheels. I say this because I sometimes hear a loud banging coming from the rear driver's side of the car.

Hi. Wheel bearings typically make a rotational growling noise that is proportional to vehicle speed. So, I doubt what you are hearing it the wheel bearing. Doing some research, it looks as though quite a few people have had problems with the rear shock bushings on cars like yours. Other potential problems include the shocks themselves, control arm bushings, and trailing arm bushings. A trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the banging noise on your vehicle firsthand.

3. Rear wheel bearings making noise