Q: Remote door opener won't lock/unlock passenger doors

The mechanic did some work on my front right tire and after getting it from the shop, I found that my remote door opener would not lock or unlock the right side passenger door and the back door. Plus, the back door window heater won't work. What will fix these problems?

These are all separate issues, so a few different items are most likely the cause. The most common cause of the door lock not unlocking includes key fob failures, a bad key fob battery, or faulty door lock actuators. The back door window heater may be attributed to the door lock issue as well. If you want to have this checked, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your door locks and perform any repairs required.