Q: Coolant leak that appears to come from the side of the head where the hose is going into the head. Exhaust separated from manifol

I started my car after stopping off the interstate. It was louder than usual due to the muffler coming off at the manifold made a popping noise and i noticed coolant coming from the side of the engine where the hose leads into the head. The coolant reservoir is brownish colored and when i squeeze the hose i hear alot of air gargling. I have been told it jumped time as well as the head gasket and that i may have even cracked the block.

If the valve timing is off, due to a jumped or broken timing belt, that can lead to damage to the valves and pistons on the particular type of engine that you have (yours is a so-called "interference" engine). With regard to the other damage (the manifold, head, block, cooling system, etc.) the meaning and extent of that would have to be determined during an on-site diagnostic. Engines are repairable; the issue is determining exactly what has gone wrong and what has to be repaired at what cost and, of course, preferably the least cost while getting good results. If you desire such an evaluation and a detailed explanation of your repair options and costs, please request a service appointment and the responding certified mechanic will resolve this. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr