Q: Do I need a whole new ignition or just the ignition switch?

So my brother was driving my car and parked at a gas station to get gas. He had to get into the trunk and used the key to do so, when he did the key broke inside of the trunk lock. He then tried to start the car by shoving a flat head screwdriver into the keyhole. After he tried for some time he gave up. There was quite a bit of damage to the keyhole, and he left a big hole where you would insert the key. Do I need a whole new ignition or would it just be the switch? And what would the average price for one be?

You will need to have the damage to the ignition lock cylinder housing checked to see if just the lock cylinder can be replaced if no damage to housing was done. You will need to have the door and trunk locks replaced if you do not have an extra key.

3. Do I need a whole new ignition or just the ignition switch?