Q: A mechanic said I had clay in my steering rack and that i needed a new one. What catergory does that fall under on this website?

First, my power steering service esc warning came on and after a while my steering wheel became very stiff. A mechanic replaced the entire power steering engine but said that I had some type of substance in my steering rack which was causing my wheel to not remain straight while driving. Just trying to see what category this issue falls under so I wont have to pay for an inspection that I already received.

The steering will be under the suspension and steering area. You will need to replace the steering rack and flush out old fluid and then have an alignment after replacement. You may also need tie rod ends if they are worn.

3. A mechanic said I had clay in my steering rack and that i needed a new one. What catergory does that fall under on this website?