Q: Tires that came from the factory are not good at all

Thus far, the tires which came with my 2012 Volkswagen Jetta have a terrible track record. Two sidewalls have blown out and one cracked, all within 35,000 miles. This puts me in a very unsafe situation. I need to get different tires, but these are what are suggested for my car. Where can I find an alternative?

The tires which came with your vehicle should not have had problems with sidewalls cracking or blowing out. I would recommend having the tires checked by the manufacturer for issues or defects which may be covered. To find replacement tires, you can go to any tire manufacturer that has same tire size and ratings (or better). They may last longer than your current tires have. Also, make sure you are using approved cleaners and dressing coatings for the tires, since non-approved materials can dry out the tire rubber and cause cracking.