Q: Getting troubles codes P01217, P0300, and P0300P

asked by on February 22, 2016

I am getting trouble codes P1217, P0300, and P0300P. Whatever the problem, it is draining my battery and I keep having to jump start it. The car has sat for a while, but prior to sitting, it was overheating, running through coolant, and sputtering.

It sounds like the vehicle is experiencing a few different problems that will probably need to be addressed separately. It sounds to me like there is probably an electrical short somewhere on the vehicle that is draining the battery. This problem may, or may not be related to the trouble codes, as these particular trouble codes signify misfires, the probable cause of the sputtering, and an overheating condition, just as the vehicle was overheating before it was last driven. As these problems will all require further investigation to determine the exact cause, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, look over the vehicle, as the problems, and repairs necessary, may vary greatly.