Q: Car turns over but won't start

asked by on February 11, 2016

My car is overheating. The fan controls on the dash don't power on.

Hello. I strongly suggest checking the pressure of the fuel system to verify that the fuel pump, fuel filter and fuel lines are in good working order. By doing this check, it will ensure they are receiving the proper PSI. Though those parts have already been replaced, I have seen some come faulty right off the shelf so its always best to test them if your having issues. I would also suggest testing the inertia switch. The inertia switch is designed to cut off fuel only in an accident but they have been known to go bad and randomly shut off fuel supply. I suggest having a technician test the starting issue and test the inertia switch. YourMechanic provides on site vehicle evaluation and repair per customer’s request.