Q: Float valve stuck

I have a '60 Chevy with a 283. I have a four-barrel Edelbrock carburetor. I think the float valve is stuck open.

Hello. If the engine is running rich or flooding from too much fuel then the flaot may be stuck open. If it is not closing then it will barely run, if at all. It this started right after this carburetor was installed, then it may be the wrong one for the engine. If the air flow rating for the carburetor is too high then it can act like the float is stuck open. You may need to have the carburetor rebuilt if this happened all of a sudden. If you plan on having this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace your carburetor if needed.

3. Float valve stuck