Q: How do you check the brake and clutch fluid?

How do you check the brake and clutch fluid?

Without fluid, your Brake system won’t work (or won’t work properly). That’s a serious safety concern. If your car is equipped with a manual transmission, the clutch fluid is supplied from the brake fluid reservoir. It’s important to keep an eye on the fluid level. Here’s how:

1. Turn the engine off.

2. Open the hood.

3. Locate the brake fluid reservoir on top of the master cylinder. It’s on the firewall in front of the driver position.

4. Check the fluid level in the reservoir. It should be between the minimum and maximum lines. If it is between these marks, do NOT top it off.

5. If the fluid is below the minimum mark, have your brake and/or clutch system serviced.

Tip

Low brake/clutch fluid is generally a sign of Brake system wear. Have your brakes inspected and serviced before topping off the fluid unless it it dangerously low.