Q: 2000 Mercury Sable. Car is not getting any RPM. Wont get over 10-20 MPH.

My car will not get up past speeds of 10 - 20 MPH. I was doing around 70 on I 20 an it just slowed down completely even with the pedal pressed to the floor.

Your vehicle has entered what is referred to as "limp mode" due to an engine or transmission-related failure. Often, the failure is in a sensor or electrical control type component. The first thing to do is check and see if there are any OBD-II stored trouble codes that might provide clues. Engine controls that can cause limp mode include the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor and the throttle position (TP) sensor but there are quite a few other possibilities that have to be looked at sequentially. To resolve this problem you are having, the service to request is a loss of power diagnostic - limp mode. If you request that service the responding certified mechanic will come right to your location and get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2000 Mercury Sable. Car is not getting any RPM. Wont get over 10-20 MPH.