Q: My car won't rev or accelerate

asked by on March 08, 2017

My car won't rev or accelarate

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there. If you press down on your accelerator pedal and the engine will not rev at all, this is typically the indication of a damaged throttle linkage or throttle body component. On an older Mercedes-Benz, the throttle is not electrically operated, so it should be rather obvious to diagnose this problem. If you have a second set of eyes that can help, raise the hood and have somebody look to see if the throttle cable moves when you press on the throttle pedal. If there is movement, verify that the throttle actuator is moving as well. In some cases, the throttle body control will break, which can cause this issue as well. If you’d like to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location, please request a car is slow to accelerate inspection.