Car doors lock but won't unlock?

Q: Car doors lock but won't unlock?

asked by on August 03, 2017

Still having trouble. I've verified that the switch it's working properly. The fuse isn't blown. Any other advice would be extremely helpful. I am getting a click near the interior fuse box every time I lock/unlock. It couldn't possibly be all 4 actuators are only working one way right?

If you requested a mechanic from YourMechanic, what they would do is use the diagram of the circuit from the Factory Service Manual to trace the circuit. The circuit is relatively limited. If you push the unlock button to complete the circuit, and it is not working, obviously power is not flowing in the circuit to power the actuator(s). Using the wiring diagram, the mechanic would simply test, segment by segment, until the interruption is found and it will be found using that systematic approach. Prior to actually performing this work there is no way to predict where in the circuit the interruption actually is, but it is there waiting to be found. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical circuit/component diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.