Q: I have a 2012 Nissan Murano purchased in 2013. I'm told that the computer needs replacing at a price of $1200. Please advise.

On the dashboard display one light has gone out. The Oil was changed 3 weeks ago and the oil sensor light keeps coming on.

A: Hi there: If you're Nissan has less th...

Hi there:

If you're Nissan has less than 50,000 miles and there wasn't serious electrical damage done; like hooking up battery cables in reverse or jump starting the vehicle; then it's highly unlikely that the ECU needs to be replaced. The best thing you should do is contact one of our professional mobile mechanics to complete a check engine light inspection first. This will allow them to give you a second opinion and hopefully a much more affordable solution to fix your dashboard issues.