Q: What does the Passenger Air Bag Off Light mean?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the Passenger Air Bag Off Light mean?

If the passenger sensing system detects that there’s no one sitting in the passenger front seat or if several other conditions are met, the Passenger Air Bag Off Light will turn on in the dash. It’s important that you know what this means:

• The passenger front air bag is off.
  • The passenger side air bag may be off as well.
  • The air bag will not inflate during an accident.

Tips

• If the Passenger Air Bag Off Light is on and there’s an adult-sized passenger in the front seat, it usually means they’re not sitting correctly in the seat.

• If the passenger adjusts their position and the light does not go out, have the car inspected.

• Getting the light to go off may require turning the engine off and restarting it.