Q: Wondering what is involved with the recommended 90,000 mile maintenance service.

asked by on July 13, 2017

My Mechanic recommended a 90,000 mile service, to be completed at a later date, but there are no details involving the procedural checks within this service. Can you please shed some light?

There is no scheduled, or Honda recommended, 90,000 maintenance service interval for your vehicle. Instead, virtually all maintenance required for your vehicle is tracked by the vehicle computer (a "maintenance minder" system) and reported, using letter codes, via the Driver Information Display. The Codes displayed refer to particular maintenance items and each and every such required item is identified and detailed in the 2011 Honda Accord Owner’s Manual. The procedure is to read the codes in the Driver Information Display and those codes will be your guide as to what must be performed. In addition, per Honda recommendations, you should check idle speed on this vehicle every 160,000 miles and brake fluid should be completely replaced every 3 years. But, again, all other items are tracked by the vehicle computer and reported in the Display. You save a lot of money having any required maintenance performed right at your home, and also get the services of uniquely qualified, and certified, mechanics. To have a mechanic look at at your Display and determine what is required, please request an appointment. In addition, you can review all maintenance and repair services that YourMechanic offers by visiting YourMechanic’s Services Page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair/maintenance dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr