Q: AC belt makes squealing noise

The van has had issue with the AC. As it was malfunctioning, and was low on freon, I filled it in. Now there is a problem with the AC belt, which started making a squealing noise. Also, I sometimes can smell it burning. This happens especially when the AC is turned off. I had the same issue with the AC belt before, so I had it replaced. What could be causing this to happen again?

The belt on your 2000 Plymouth Voyager is used by the engine to turn the A/C pulley along with the water pump, power steering pump, and other accessories. Any one of these items could be the cause of the belt squealing. It could be that one of the belt pulleys bearing is going bad and starting to seize. Have the belt removed and check each component if it turns free or needs to be replaced. If you need help, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the squealing noise in person and let you know what needs to be done next.