Q: Power steering hose leaking

asked by on February 11, 2016

I have a leak in my power steering hose.

Power steering fluid is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi. A power steering leak is a common issue with many Accords 10 years and older. There are two power steering hoses on your vehicle, low pressure and high pressure. You usually can tell the difference by how the leak presents itself. The low pressure hose will more or less seep out of the hose while the high pressure line will usually squirt out fluid. Often times, the hoses themselves will not be at fault and instead the rubber O rings that are located on the end of the hoses will be what is causing the leak. I suggest having a trained technician, such as the staff provided by YourMechanic, inspect the power steering system leak. They will accurately determine the leak location and eliminate the chances of you buying unnecessary parts.