Q: Code P0340

asked by on June 12, 2017

were receiving a check engine light which was code P0340. Took to mechanic and found out it was the cam position sensor, so it was replaced, But, we still keep getting a check engine light with same code. What else could be the issue?

Hi There, Your vehicle should have two camshaft position sensors. If only one of them was replaced, it may not have been the faulty one. Secondly, you may also want to have the wiring and connections to the camshaft sensors checked to be sure they are not obstructed or have any problems. Lastly, you may also want to have the cam gear checked to be sure this is not interfering with the functionality of the sensor. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.