Q: 2006 Pontiac Wave does not shift from park to drive.

My car does not shift from park to drive what can I do and what happen to car

Hi there. It sounds like the shifter interlock solenoid has failed in the shifter housing.

Remove the shifter housing from the vehicle and test the solenoid for resistance. If there is high resistance or no resistance, then the solenoid has failed and needs replaced. There is a small pin hole to put a fine screwdriver or pick into to manually move the shifter (so you can move the vehicle around if needed). If you need further assistance with your shifter not moving from park to drive, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 2006 Pontiac Wave does not shift from park to drive.