Q: How do I use the Uconnect emergency assistance?

How do I use the Uconnect emergency assistance?

A: If you are in an emergency and unable to ac...

If you are in an emergency and unable to access your cell phone, you can use Uconnect, as long as your phone is paired with the Uconnect system. To use emergency assistance, press the Uconnect phone button, which is located on the steering wheel or the center console, and looks like a telephone. The system will say “Ready” and beep, at which point you should say “Emergency”. The Uconnect system will then dial the emergency number for whichever country your vehicle was purchased in.

Tip

If you can access your mobile phone, you should always use it in the event of an emergency, as it is more reliable. You can also program the emergency command to call a specific number. To do this, press the Uconnect phone button, and when prompted say “Setup.” After the next prompt, say “Emergency” and then follow the instructions.