Q: Fuse A/C power windows

My power windows, air conditioner and sunroof don’t work. I first noticed this when it was real hot. I’d go start my car and the fuse would blow. I have replaced it two or three times before, because it doesn't work for long. Do you have any idea what might be wrong? Why is it doing this?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2005 Kia Spectra5. It sounds like those systems may all share that same fuse and one of them is drawing too many amps, or there is a short in the circuit. I wonder if you can tell which system is being operated when the fuse blows, or if it's just completely random. Your Kia may use a body control module (BCM) to control those functions and the problem may be there. A scan tool can be used to check that. A technician performing electrical diagnosis would attempt to isolate the problem circuit, measure the amp draw, do a visual inspection for a short to ground. Keep in mind that this diagnosis is more challenging when the electrical issues are intermittent, and will be easier to locate and repair when the problems are being exhibited.