Q: Serpentine belt problem

asked by on February 17, 2016

I am having serpentine belt problems.

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $95.44 - $301.27 Get a Quote

Hello. The most common serpentine belt issue on this engine is noise. It is typically a squealing noise caused by a bad belt tensioner. I typically remove the belt and spin each pulley to listen for the noise and replace any that are not quiet. If they all seem fine then I would replace the tensioner. If the belt keeps breaking, then one of the pulleys may be misaligned or seizing. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect your vehicle to determine if a serpentine belt replacement is necessary.