Q: Can you add Vtec to an engine. 2002 Honda Civic

I want to add vtec on to my car but a girl i know said you cant just 'add' it on you have to completely swap the engine from a standard honda engine to a vtec engine is she correct?

Hi there. Your friend is correct. You cannot just add Vtech to an engine. This is a design that is built into an engine that makes it more efficient and create more power. In order to add this to a vehicle that does not have it you would need to install engine that has it already equipped and add the electronics to control it.