Q: Can you add Vtec to an engine. 2002 Honda Civic

I want to add vtec on to my car but a girl i know said you cant just 'add' it on you have to completely swap the engine from a standard honda engine to a vtec engine is she correct?

Hi there. Your friend is correct. You cannot just add Vtech to an engine. This is a design that is built into an engine that makes it more efficient and create more power. In order to add this to a vehicle that does not have it you would need to install engine that has it already equipped and add the electronics to control it.

3. Can you add Vtec to an engine. 2002 Honda Civic