Q: can new XM turner be used with old XM antenna

I bought a new head unit for my car - a Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD. I know I need to integrate it with the steering wheel buttons and with the star and chimes. I also know I need a separate tuner for the XM. I am going to order one. If my car already has an XM antenna can I use it for the new XM tuner, or do I have to buy a new antenna to install?

In most cases the XM antenna that came installed with the car and can be adapted to the new head XM tuner. It would depend on what XM unit was purchased. You will most likely need to take the car to the dealer or a audio technician to have the buttons and tuner correctly programmed.