Q: Looking to purchase a car with 200,000 miles on it. The dealer said they had it serviced and can show receipts 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

About to buy a 2002 Chevy Monte Carlo with 200,000 miles on it first I want to know is this a smart move. Also tips on how to maintain the car.

Hello - while it is always good to know (and verify) continuous, appropriate service on any used vehicle you might purchase, it is still a good idea to have an experienced technician look the vehicle over for items that may be a "chronic" problem with that specific model. I recommend a pre-purchase inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to the location of the vehicle, survey the vehicle, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for any needed repairs. This assessment will also give you some idea of upcoming maintenance and repairs the vehicle will need.