Q: What is the proper tire inflation?

What is the proper tire inflation?

A: It’s vital that your tires have the right a...

It’s vital that your tires have the right amount of air in them. Too little (under inflation), and they’ll wear on the edges. Too much (over inflation), and they’ll wear down the center. Neither is a good situation to have. Here’s what you need to set your tires to:

1. 4 Cylinder Accords: 32 PSI front and rear with P225/50R17 tires OR 30 PSI front and rear with P215/60R16 tires.

2. V6 Accords: 32 PSI front and rear (the only tire size Honda recommends is P225/50R17).

Tip

Always use the information on the driver side door placard, never the PSI rating on the sidewall.