Q: Check Engine Light is on - 2008 Chrysler Sebring

Recently I had a new transmission and wiring harness put in my car after the check engine light came on and it wouldn't change gears. Just now my check engine light came back on but the car is still changing gears with no problem. My car does burn more gas. My question is what could cause it to come back on?

Hello - the first task is to extract the problem codes that are causing your Check Engine light to be on now. Most auto parts supply stores will read the codes for you without charge. Once you have the problem codes, you should have a thorough diagnostic of the problem. Along with higher fuel consumption, any other symptoms (misfiring, low power stalling, etc.) will be helpful in determining what is wrong. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose and repair the codes if you need further help.

3. Check Engine Light is on - 2008 Chrysler Sebring