Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-33384-1qu1ywvjs:173:8

Q: Headlights won't stay on

I installed a canbus ballas 35 watt hid kit on my Dodge 3500 truck. The auto parts store told me the anti flicker is built in with a clean install plug and play, and that I shouldn’t need anything else. After I installed it I let it stay on for about 10 minutes, but it was shutting off then back on. Later, I was driving in the dark and turned on my headlights. About 2 minutes after that both of them shut off. They would not come back on no matter how many times I had turned them on and off. So now I had to drive with my high beams on for 2 hours. When I got to me destination I turned off my truck and then turned it back on. Only the driver’s side worked. Then I turned them on and off again, and they both worked. I started driving again an hour later, and the same thing happened. Do I need a resistor for both headlights? Can you tell me what I need to do? Thanks.

A: Hi. Usually when this happens it is due to ...

Hi. Usually when this happens it is due to the output of the ballast being unsteady. The new ballast may be defective which is causing your issue, which is somewhat common. Also, the ballast may not be receiving the proper power level. Some ballasts will require an external piece called a Canbus warning canceller to help supply steady power to it.

I suggest you have a technician test your ballast with a multimeter. Also check to see how many amps your HID's require and compare it to the amps required by the standard lighting. If the amperage is broadly different you will need a bigger fuse and the Canbus warning canceller I've mentioned. I'd suggest getting your vehicle looked at by a qualified technician who will diagnose the issue with your headlights and fix it accordingly.