Q: Transmission slipping.

The transmission in my car is slipping. It gives me code P0770.

A: This fault code is set when the torque conv...

This fault code is set when the torque converter lock up function does not activate within one to 3 minutes of cruising at least 50 miles per hour. There are several things that can cause this fault, anything from worn clutches to electrical issues, to a faulty valve body. You may want to enlist the assistance of a mechanic to determine the exact cause of the slipping, but the transmission may need to be removed and rebuilt or replaced in a worst case scenario.