Q: Transmission has trouble changing out of 2nd and 3rd gear

Transmission has trouble changing out of 2nd and 3rd gear once it gets warm. I have replaced both governor sensors in the oil pan along with the filter. This fixed the problem for about 5 months or so but is now doing it again. Bought parts from advanced auto to do the job. Should I replace the parts agian just thinking the sensors have gone bad or is there maybe something causing them to go bad if they are thanks

Hi there. It is possible that the sensors have failed again, but most of the time this is the result of a failure in the valve body itself. These valve bodies have a tendency to hold a lot of debris internally which will cause the valves and solenoids to stick. In some cases, the valve body can be cleaned but it is best to replace it to keep it from returning. A shifting issue like this is best left for a transmission specialist to diagnose and repair.