Q: My car got towed and now when I hit the gas, something sounds loose, and there is a lot of clanging around the front of my car

I'm afraid that when the towing company jacked my car they may have damaged something underneath. Whenever I press the gas now, something clangs around under the car, right around my foot. My car is a 1998 Toyota Corolla.

Hi there. Unfortunately, this happens far too frequently with many towing companies. Most of the time, the component that becomes loose is the front engine cover, which is located underneath the radiator and front section of the vehicle. In other instances, a bracket or other item can be bent, and cause a pretty loud rattle to be present when driving the vehicle. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can isolate the source of this noise and recommend the correct repairs.

3. My car got towed and now when I hit the gas, something sounds loose, and there is a lot of clanging around the front of my car