Q: My car won't crank or start.

Ok so my car started working perfectly until last night it didnt want to do anything like crank or start. I went to go get the battery checked and it was fine, as well as the alternator is fine. I replaced the starter thinking it was that but no it still doesn't crank. My car is is manual so if i push it and start it it starts right up. All the lights are on when is in the "on" position and i tried starting and none of the lights dim not even the headlights, basically NOTHING happens at all. I was wondering if it could be a bad ignition switch?

Go under the dashboard by the clutch pedal. Look for the switch that the clutch pedal is supposed to push in when you push the clutch pedal down. The switch is pushed in by the pedal arm rubber bushing that goes in a hole on the pedal arm. If the rubber bushing falls out from wear, then the arm is left with a hole in it and will not push in the clutch switch when you push the pedal down. If you replace the little bushing, or use anything to cover the hole like a plastic push pin then it should enable the starter when you push in the clutch pedal. If you need help getting this done, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to pinpoint the cause of the starting issue and make the correct repair.

3. My car won't crank or start.