Q: Noise in CV Joint

When turning the wheel from left to right, the axel is loose and makes a noise. The CV axel is not worn out, because the noise & loseness is coming from the transmission that connects both ends of the CV axel. What is wrong with my car and how can I fix it?

CV joint failure is very common on front wheel drive cars like yours. The CV joints are a ball-in-groove arrangement that allows the axle to drive the front wheels while the wheels are steering. When they get some age on them, the joints get little notches worn in the track of the balls so they make a popping sound as the ball rolls through that notch. You’re probably right in saying that the axle is not worn out, but often a technician chooses to replace the entire axle with the joints because the cost of the part is less than the cost of the labor involved in separating the bad joint from the axle. It’s an economic decision that works to your benefit. If you contact your mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to replace your CV joint or axle right there on the spot.